Take it Back Now Y'all
One hop this time.
Right foot lets stomp
So back in the day I used to do Thirsty Thursday posts, but I stopped. Now don't misunderstand me, I clearly didn't STOP drinking. Oh god no, nothing serious like that. I just stopped posting about drinking on Thursdays, specifically. Let's bring it back now y'all! Hands on yo knees, hands on yo knees! I may have done a similar post but my one reader then (my mom) won't mind to see it again.
Just because a beer is low calorie doesn't mean that beer is the best choice for you. Pay attention to alcohol content. Anyone can lower the alcohol content, and, in turn, decrease calories. Which beer gives you the highest alcohol content for the lowest calorie count, you ask? Let's find out!
Lowest of the Low Calorie Content Beers:
Budweiser Select 55 and only 1.9 carbs per serving (12 ounce beer). 2.5% alcohol.
(Tie) Natty Light- 95 calories, 3.2g carbs and 4.2% alcohol. Who knew all those kegs we drank in college were low cal! I hear you actually lose weight by drinking it...
Budweiser Select- 99 calories, 3.1g carbs and 4.3% alcohol. Jay-Z is never wrong! Insert 99 calorie joke here...
5. Coors Light- 104 calories, 5.3g carbs and 4.15% alcohol. Why would you EVER buy this beer? more carbs, more calories and LESS alcohol. Although, the only people I ever see drinking coors light are dudes in their late 20s and LPGA golfers. Just the facts...
6. Bud Light- 110 calories, 6.6g carbs and 4.2% alcohol by volume. Sad to see this, I
am was an avid Bud Light drinker. It is was my staple beer. After this study I'm afraid I'll have to make a switch...
There there are those other beers.
The "Man's Man Beers"
These are the types of beers you see tossed around a yard, with dried blood on them because ole Bubba, king of the trailer park, smashed his empty can on his head after letting out an ear-splitting belch. Oh yeah, and a brown mildewed couch in the yard to boot.
1. Steel Reserve- 222 calories, 16g carbs and 8.1% alcohol. GOOD LORD.
2. Busch Ice- 169 calories, 12.5g carbs and 5.9% alcohol. I would just as a general rule of thumb avoid any kind of beverage with the word busch in it. Doesn't sound appetizing or remotely healthy to me.
3. Colt 45- 174 calories, 11.1g carbs and 6.1% alcohol. Sing along, y'all know this rap song, "Colt 45 and one big ass after baby that's what you'll have..."
4. Sam Adams Boston Ale- 160 calories, 19.9g carbs and 4.94% alcohol. I guess the patriot had a bit of a gut after downing this...
I bet you have fallen in...
Here are some beers that are so yummy and seem girly, but be careful they are loaded with calories and carbs
1. Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat- 165 calories, 16g of carbs, 4.9% alcohol.
2. Blue Moon- 171 calories, 12.9g carbs, 5.4% alcohol. And no, the orange slice that acts as a garnish on the glass does not count as a serving of fruit.
3. Corona- 148 calories, 10g carbs and 4.6% alcohol. Ditto to the above statement with the lime. Ironically the Corona light is still 4.5% alcohol and way less calories so that is definetly the better option
4. Heineken- 166 calories, 9.8g carbs and 5.4% alcohol. Hands off that Hiney baby! Haha, sorry couldn't help myself...
So in the first annual Venus Trapped in Mars don't become a fatty-with-a-beer-belly-beer-off. I award the top two best beers to......... drum roll please.....
Budweiser Select 99 calories, decent amount of alcohol by volume. All in all, best bang for your buck!
If you can't find Bud Select at your local hangout try switching to...
Miller Light What an awesome beer that is low calorie, low carb and high % alcohol. What more could a power girl ask for?! Well, maybe a power boy to watch the game with wouldn't be too shabby either huh?
What is your favorite beer?