Ok, sorry. Kinda blacked out there for a minute, what just happened? I'm not only competitive but I'm a horribly sore loser that
It may come as no surprise when I tell you that Game Show Network is my favorite channel (well, other than Bravo), I DVR Jeopardy every night and all I requested for my going away party when I left Knoxville was to play beer pong all night long. I'm not having fun unless the activity on deck includes crowning a winner and a loser.
With all of that said, it would be my dream in life to get to go on a game show. Here are my top choices of game shows that I would totally DOMINATE, in no particular order, should I be lucky enough for the opportunity to arise. I'd have to be really lucky because several of these are no longer on the air...
1. What would you do what what what what... what would you do? Please oh please all I want to do is go in the pie pod and then pick number 10 from the wall-o-stuff.
2. Bozo super Sunday show "Bucket three, whenever you're ready, bucket three..." But WHY did the contestants always chuck it at bucket three. Just gently toss it into bucket 3, then 4, then 5.... etc. You win a family vacation if you get it to bucket 6 and I never once saw that happen. Gahhh why couldn't I have been chosen? My fam would be sitting pretty up at NASA space camp right now.
3. Get out of debt Obviously in 1997 I was 11 and my only debt consisted of the $2.75 in lunch money I borrowed from the kid that sat behind me with the super long rat tail. This show was lesser known, but at the end of the show, you could pick any topic you considered yourself an expert in, they would ask you a simple question on that topic, and you could either double the money you had won so far, or lose it all.
I used to fantasize about picking the topic "Saved by the Bell", and they would ask me some obscure question like, "Name the final trivia question Zack failed to answer, which would have won him a trip to Hawaii from Ken Kelly who was broadcasting at the Max."
Or today I'd pick Sex and the City and they would ask, "How did Berger break up with Carrie?" or "What did Big mistakenly call Berger when he was on the phone with Carrie one afternoon?" Apparently all of my hypothetical questions would have to do with Jack Berger?
---go ahead and leave your answer to any of those questions in the comment box to double your money... (not really giving you any money)
4. Legends of the hidden temple because Blue Barracudas. The big question, who will my partner be? And the even bigger question... where would I buy khakis like these?
5. Guts I can't even tell you how easy it would be to own every competition and hold up that piece of the Aggro Crag. I'd kneeboard through water jets, bungee basketball, spill my guts... whatever, I'd dominate it all.
6. Supermarket Sweep Ok but, why didn't everyone just hold their hand out while running down the aisles, so literally everything went in their cart? And why did everyone go for the ham, what about filet or how about women's moisturizer, or maybe some of those OTC heart medications? They should have gone HAM in the medicine aisle, not for the actual ham... hah, sorry. Also, would I get to keep the groceries? Because that might change my strategy... #leancuisines
7. Nick Arcade Man these kids really knew how to make things look difficult. Haven't you guys ever played the Wii before?? Avoid the shooting green spout thing, the monster guy will eventually disappear... then run your ass up there do your little white kid jump and get that dang blue ball. Oh, and I would so dominate those points, puzzles, pop quizzes and prizes....
8. Match Game "Howwww biggg wassss heeeeee?" My only dilemma on this show would be do I team up with Brett, or get felt up by Richard?!
9. Newlywed Game again, but who would the partner be? For the juicy 5 grand prize pack, I'd fake marry someone.
10. Card Sharks I may be the only person who watched this. It was so easy though, you just said higher or lower or freeze... and then answered questions about how far in the gutter the minds of a 100 men surveyed, really are.
Honorable Mention to these game shows that I certainly wouldn't turn down an appearance on: Family Fued (only with Richard Dawson though), Double Dare, Figure it Out (just so I could get slimed), Get the Picture, Password, The Dating Game, Let's Make a Deal (although this one may stress me to the brink of heart failure), Plinko on the Price is right (but only plinko, if they tried to pull any other BS on me I'd walk off the stage), Love Connection.
It's time for Helene and me to announce this month's Total Social!
Topic: Guilty Pleasures
Official Hashtag: #GuiltyTotalSocial
Date: Tuesday, August 19th
Link up with us, across all social media platforms including blog, twitter, facebook, insta, pinterest etc., and tell us all about your guilty pleasures!
For more details about #TotalSocial check out this post!