23. Watch someone play video games and I'm not allowed access to any booze
1. Tell us about your blog - When did you start blogging and why? Why 'Marry Mint'?
It took me several years to finally work up the courage to begin blogging. I wanted to share my story and experiences with cancer. My goal is to show the world that life can go on after cancer and that life can be damn good!
Marry Mint is a whole lot of random. Ready? Marry because I'm married. Mint is the color we painted our daughter's nursery. Marry Mint as a play on the word merriment which is the vibe I hope my blog offers. M is the first letter of the type of cancer I had; melanoma. Hmmm I think that's it. ;)
2. What are your favorite and least favorite parts about running a blog?
I love all the product recommendations that come from blogging. I rarely try something new without scouring blogland for reviews first.
Hmmm. I don't much care for the organization it requires, mainly because I haven't could found a good system yet. [If you're an organization guru, help a sister out!]
3. What's one thing readers should know before visiting your blog?
They should know that when I do write about cancer, it isn't sad or depressing. Promise! (I usually only have one cancer related post per month.)
4. Which form of social media do you use the most?
Instagram all the way!
5. Do you have a favorite moment or photo from your wedding you'd like to share?
Oh this one for sure! Kyle is explaining how he failed to bring our marriage license to the ceremony but I shouldn't worry because he and my dad "took care of it"....
6. Tell us about your little girl! How old is she now? Was it easy to decide on her name? Who picked 'Mallory' - you or your husband? And photos please, of course!
Oh Mallory... I will spare you all of the cliche "mom sentiments", but I sure do love that baby!
I essentially bullied my husband Kyle into choosing the name Mallory. Prior to finding out the sex of the baby we were tossing around names and couldn't agree on a girl name. I've always loved the name Mallory while Kyle has only known one Mallory in his life who jaded his attraction to the name.. Sooo I said, I will not argue about circumcising a boy if you agree right now to naming a girl Mallory. Little did he know my true feelings on circumcision hehehe. I guess the cat is out of the bag now! He was hustled.
She recently figured out how to crawl which is a total game changer! Her latest obsessions include dog food and the toilet. She is anti nap and pro loud noises. We just love seeing more and more of her sense of humor these days.
7. What's your favorite but completely unhealthy food?
This is embarrassing and so disgusting to even type...uncooked pie crust.
8. Tell us something that's on your wish list right now.
I always have a mile long wish list. Hit me with a gift card and I will have it spent in my head before it meets my wallet...
BUT with football season right around the corner, my game day apparel needs a serious face lift! I've been eyeing this tee.
9. Direct us to a favorite post or two you've written.
Now go say HEY GIRL HEYYYY (and go big orange!)