You know what dawned on me today? I realized I've never really introduced myself on this blog. Since day one, I just started typing. I think my first post
basically shoved down your throat politely suggested reasons to follow me. I didn't even say so much as a huuulloo! Rude ticket - me. As I am really close to reaching an exciting milestone on bloglovin, I figured I would just say HI to everyone, new and old! I'm Sarah (not Venus, my dog's name is Venus and she is a nutcase). It appears you are following me now. So, sup bro? A/S/L?
I get super uncomfortable when I'm in a group of people and there is someone standing in the group that I've never met, and no one is introducing us. Instead of paying attention to what anyone is saying I stand there and mentally plan my attack on this new person.
It usually goes something like....
Friend: So my dog has to have surgery and he will be under the knife for several hours they are worried he may not make-------
Me: (while interrupting friend that is speaking about her poor dog): HI MY NAME IS SARAH I HAVE NOT MET YOU YET. WHEW GLAD WE GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY. I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE WHEN I GET ANXIOUS. SORRY FOR YELLING.
So anyways, hullo. I'm Sarah. WHEW GLAD WE GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY.
One of my best pals I've met through blogging, Steph used to host a weekly linkup all about gratitude. So I want to come play and talk about 5 things I am grateful for.
(But really, I'm just reusing this post today, which originated as a guest post for Steph. Sorry the creative juices aren't flowing and I'm a big fan of reposting guest posts when said event happens. Now do you understand why I felt the need to introduce myself today? Because I was originally introducing myself on another blog when I wrote this post, but I just decided to run with it here. Ok, bye... lylas)
1. Giraffes: They are miraculous creatures full of love and lettuce. God really outdid himself with this precious snuggle muffin, and for that I am eternally grateful.
2. Pinterest: What things have I learned from Pinterest? All the things. I have learned all the things from Pinterest.
3. Read Receipt on iPhone: I love you read receipt people. But really, do you knowingly have read receipt turned on? Were you just hitting OK, over and over and over again during the setup process without actually reading what it was asking you? I can't fathom why you would leave that turned on, when the rest of the population turns it off for the sole purpose of pretending like their iPhone wasn't in their hands all night long. "Oh no, I didn't get that text about helping your great grandmother's dog move into his new dog house. I must not have had my phone on me for the past 76 hours."
4. Microwaves: Otherwise, I'd starve to death. On a related note, special shout out to string cheese and individual bags of baked lays. Thanks for aiding in my laziness on the daily.
5. Leggings: How did women get so lucky? I have sweatpants that aren't as comfortable as the leggings I wear to work. Tunics, leggings and riding boots are considered fashionable come fall? I love how put together and stylish we can look in the fall and winter months, yet not feel an ounce of discomfort. You go, Fashion coco.
So those are the only 5 things in this entire world that I'm grateful for. If you need to find me going forward, I'll be the one wearing leggings, petting the giraffe, microwaving something I saw on Pinterest and judging you for having read receipt turned on.
Also, I'm grateful for you guys knowing that I'm being sarcastic 97.3% of the time. You know this isn't my actual top 5 list of things I'm grateful for, if it were, I'd obviously have Tim Howard somewhere on here.... obvi.