As I was thinking about what I would write about for this Halloween post, I realized how bad I suck at Halloween. Then I thought, come on Sarah, you can't write about how bad you suck at Halloween, you always write about how bad you suck at everything like Photography and Pinterest and DIY. But guess what, I'm going to do it anyway because I think people like an honest, hardworkin' man that struggles and isn't perfect. Or, that is what I'm going to tell myself.
1. Don't go as a Pirate.
No one who ever went as a Party City Pirate won a Pulitzer.
2. Don't go as a pale pirate
Spray tan is your friend
3. Don't go as a pirate trio
^^^^^^^Y'all look like morons.
4. Put in a minor amount of effort
The Goodwill an hour and a half before the party is not a costume shop. "Cool little league baseball costume including used wrist sweat band," said no one ever.
5. Don't be a baby part salesman
Strangest thing I've ever seen. I don't know any of these people, but I have a picture for some reason...
6. When Halloween is over, be sure to put up your decorations.
Or else your friends will find them around your house and make fun of you come February.
7. If you actually have a cute costume, and you put in some effort, photograph the dang thing
Otherwise when you start a blog 7 years later you won't have anything show show for yourself when your friend Helene asks you to co-host a Halloween linkup.
8. Don't dress your dog up as Tom Brady
It isn't fair to your dog.
9. Do dress your dogs up in as many costumes as possible in the month of October
They are all adorable. Buy all the dog costumes.
What tips would you add to the list of ways not to suck at Halloween?