I'm pretty sure I put everyone to sleep last week with my post about fantasy football tips, so I think this week, we will keep it a little lighter for fan friday around these parts! Let's talk purses that are A- OK for NFL games. If you remember my rant here about the 8 things the NFL should have banned instead of purses, then you know that you cannot bring purses larger than a clutch to the games unless they are horribly hideous clear NFL logoed bags or a ziplock bag. Worst thing I've ever heard seeing as this lady brought a dang picnic smorgasbord to the Rangers game a few weeks ago.
Here are the guidelines:
You can bring ANY bag that is...
6.5 inches wide by 4.5 inches tall or smaller
And guess what? The security dude doesn't have a dang ruler out checking the bag to make sure it is the right size. There is no slot you have to try and fit the bag through to confirm it's the proper size. There is no mascot statue holding a measuring stick saying, "Your bag must be this small to ride this game day ride."
I parked for the cowboys game about 1.5 miles away from the stadium. The farther away I walked from my car, the more I started formulating scripts in my head of things I'd say to the gigantic security guard if he told me my bag was too big.
"But sir, I brought this bag to the game last week and no one said anything to me!"
^^^ this would totally work
"Can you hold my tampons for me while I take my bag back to the car? I don't have pockets."
*Ugly cry* while simultaneously stacking tampons on the table
But alas, I got up to the security checkpoint and he didn't even make me open all of the compartments, let alone question its size! Here are some tips for bringin a bag that is one or two inches larger than the guidelines.
1. Go to the MALE security guard. Never ever ever go to the lady.
2. Carry tampons, even if you're not on your period. Dudes freak out at tampons
3. Don't be a dummy with the purse you choose. Bring a bag that is close to the right size. Don't be dumb and hope you'll sweet talk your way into the game with a gigantic purse. Ain't gonna happen sweet cheeks .
Here are some great bags, for every price point, that I'm confident would be fine for NFL games. Now, I'm not a security guard, nor do I work for the NFL (unless you're needing someone Mr. Jerry Jones?) so don't get all huffy with me if they end up being too big. But like I said, I'm confiedent these will be just fine. And the best part? Since I'm trying to save money, I've found you online discount codes you can enter at checkout, for each bag, just simply click the image or follow the directions below each option!
Even if you hate this purse, (but who would?!) you can actually use this coupon to get an additional 30% off of everything on sale at J.Crew from now thru Sunday!
1. Just click here
2. Click Reveal Code
3. It will automatically take you to the JCREW website. Search for item #03956 (that purdy bag above) and you'll enter that code provided at checkout for 30% off your entire purchase!
1. Just click here
2. Click Activate
3. It will automatically take you to the Nordstrom's website. Search by the item numbers I've provided you, and you'll automatically be provided with free shipping and 6% cash back from shopathome.com
My point with this way-too-much-going-on graphic is that Express has tons of options. I have a coupon for you for 15% off if you'd prefer to shop in-store or online. For online, all you have to do is enter your email address and you get 15% off plus 3% cash back!
Have you found any sites with great bags that are NFL appropriate?
Linking Up with Whitney!
- Write a post about anything listed here
- Grab a button. (It's glittery, would you have expected anything less?)
- Link up EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
- Follow me so we can be friends
- Meet new friends who also like sports and being a fan
- Hop, hop, hop.... hop around