1. Rolling up athletic gauze and using it as a headband
Back in my day, we had to roll up athletic gauze to make a headband. Kids these days have actual sport headbands that stay in place and I'm really jealous. I played basketball and softball (I'm sure you're real shocked to hear that) and before every game started I would raid the trainer's first aid kit, grab as much gauze as I could get away with and have myself a little flyaway taming party!
2. Ah yes, thank you middle school Sarah, you now bring me to my next Hair Trend: Pigtails.
Pigtails, whether it be of the French variety or the non-French variety, were my jam. And by were, I mean I was rocking these like last week. Who doesn't want to look flipping adorable without having to even stick a comb in your hair? In fact, they look better uncombed! Yes, I'll be bringing these back.
3. And what is the only thing that could make Pigtails better? Ribbon.
Who would have known that I was subconsciously setting myself up for blogger transitions all along? I love ribbon. Ribbon as a headband, ribbon tied in a bow, sometimes I even wore ribbon as a belt, cause, apparently I couldn't afford anything other than spools and spools of ribbon. Well, ribbon and stolen athletic gauze. Please let's have a movement and take back the ribbon.
4. Hair Wraps
There wasn't a vacation, a basketball tournament in Florida, a trip to the beach where I didn't get a hair wrap. There also wasn't a three month period after a vacation, a basketball tournament in Florida or a trip to the beach when I didn't have to cut the hair wrap out of my head because it had rotted all that hair off.
5. Big Curly Frizzy Hair
Here are the days of flat irons, round brushes, curling wands and dry bar. Gone are the days of I may have just stuck my finger in an electrical socket. Let's stop torturing our hair, and instead let it be free? Who is with me?
What hair trends are you bringing back?
And now for a girl who is lucky enough to have fabulous hair, Stevie from Colorful Commotion. Stevie is a Virginia Tech fan, but I won't hold that against her (at least not at this very moment, I can't say the same for September 10, 2016). I get so darn giddy when my girls send me Drinking Games, so without further adieu, take it away Stevie!!
So, while most drinking games have a time limit - the Super Bowl, or the Bachelor, for example; this is a long term thing. There are times, as a bridesmaid, when you are gonna need some guilt free drinking. So, without further ado, I bring you:
- Every time you hear the proposal story. Again.
- Anytime you have to try on a bridesmaid dress, whether you liked it or not.
- When the engagement pictures come in. Because you KNOW you'll be helping with Save The Date's for the next month.
- When the bride sends a picture of a dress you don't like. Get drunk if she buys the dress.
- The bachelorette party. duh.
- Anytime a cliche occurs
- "You can TOTALLY wear that dress again!"
- "I found this on pinterest"
- "We're crafting my centerpieces"
Don't get me wrong - i'm beyond excited to be a bridesmaid! This girl stood by my side on my wedding day, and I will 100% be there for her. But, i'm gonna get some wine nights out of the process!
In the event that anyone, ever (hello?! anyone?!) makes me a bridesmaid, I'll be playing!