You know what really grinds my gears besides when gas stations try and trick you into getting premium gas by putting unleaded in the middle? Sitcom fast ones. You know when you are watching your favorite sitcom, and all of a sudden some random dude walks in the family's living room and we are supposed to pretend that is the father we've been watching for the past 8 seasons and not, in fact, some random dude?
If you can't properly negotiate a contract with an actor, or an actor has become too big for your little show, take a page from CSI's book and kill them off! Make a step dad. Make a live-in boyfriend. Send the dad off to find the Wizard, the wonderful wonderful Wizard--- I don't care. Just don't throw a new dude in the mix, slap a mustache on him, call him pops then call it a day.
Also, while I'm at it, don't send someone upstairs to never come back downstairs, ever again. Where the hell did Judy Winslow go? Again, take a page from CSI and have her get shot during a routine bank robbery investigation. Come on people, come on.
Here are some times I've stopped watching sitcoms out of pure disgust. (Total lie, I continued to watch)
1. Aunt Viv (Queen(s) of Bel Air)
2. Miiiinkus - Boy Meets World
Everyone's class had a "Minkus" in it, so don't even try and pull the unrelatable character card. My 2nd grade class had this kid, his name was Stewart and he had a rat tail. So where did Minkus go??
3..... 4 and 5 and 6: Saved By The Bell
3. Where did Kelly go in season four?
4. Ok but, then where did Jessie go in season 4?
5. Alright, so Tori replaces Jessie and Kelly who are playing hooky for weeks (months?!) from school. Was it Screech's spaghetti sauce? Did they get sick from his spaghetti sauce? So Kelly and Jessie return from their presumed battle with food poising, but we don't talk about it? And then where does Tori go when Kelly and Jessie return? I thought she and Zack were in love?! Because Zack so rarely fell in love........
6. And where did Mylo go?! Was he busted with a small possession of marijuana in his car? Look, I related Saved by the Bell to Breaking Bad, surely I deserve an award for such a comparison?
Ok so maybe I just watch too much television. With that said, how bout season 2 of Orange is the New Black, people?!?! Lets discuss how strongly I feel that Piper's brother should be a more developed character. Like, really though.