1. Tell us about your blog - When did you start blogging and why? What do you love to blog about?
I started The Alisha Nicole in June 2013. At the time I was in a really weird place in life (insert very confused adult here) and I basically just needed somewhere to vent, share my journey and share a little inspiration. I guess you could say I have found my "thing" over the past year because now I love blogging about business tips and trying my best to talk everyone into following their dreams!
2. What are your favorite and least favorite parts about running a blog?
My favorite part by far has to be all of the people I have met through blogging (I have so many blog besties in my head it's ridiculous!) and my least favorite would be how hard I am on myself. I want my blog to be perfect and I have to keep remembering that there is no such thing as a perfect blog.
3. Tell us about Porkchop! And pretty please share a photo. Or 500, that's fine, we're dog lovers here
Ahh Porkchop (the Beagle) is my 25 pound of HOT MESS! She can be feisty as hell l but I can't imagine life without her! She's been begging me to let her take over my blog for a while but I told her she has to get her attitude in check first. She also told me to tell Gee #HEYBOO with the winking face emoji.
4. Which form of social media do you use the most?
It would definitely be Instagram! I'm usually on it all day everyday and ignore all the rules that tell me I shouldn't be.
5. And you have a shop as well, what do you sell? What's your favorite piece currently listed?
Yeap! I create dainty handmade jewelry made with gemstone beads, genuine leather and an assortment of different metals. I'm working on eventually offering other products like small home decor items and paper products. My current favorite piece has to be the "Carolina Girl" pendant necklace. I give my home state a lot of crap sometimes but it really is an amazing place to live!
6. What's your favorite holiday to celebrate?
My birthday! It has all the perks of all the major holidays and its the only day I can get away with doing almost anything.
7. You can only pick one band/singer to listen to for... okay, not forever, but for 1 month. Who would it be?
Kanye West hands down! The man has a bad reputation but you can't deny he's a great artist!
8. Direct us to a favorite post or two you've written.
My favorites would have to be the one where I vlogged and talked about what led me quitting my last job, here, and then this one about 10 Useless facts about me, here!