With the holidays here, blogging can seem like such a gigantic box of terrifying whiteness. I put together this list a long time ago, when I first started blogging, to keep myself from quitting. I knew that if I had guaranteed post ideas on hand, then I would be less likely to throw in the towel! So I bring them to you today!
1. Let your dog guest post
2. Teach us something - What are you an expert at, that most people are not?
3. Pretend to be another blogger for a day - write like you think they would, live their life
4. Something you recreated on Pinterest and how you did it
5. Other titles you considered for your blog and why you ruled them out
6. When in doubt, polyvore
7. Ask another blogger if you can interview them for a post
8. Show some blogger love, share you favorite links.
9. Take #8 a step further, give your favorite bloggers yearbook awards. i.e. Class clown, most popular, cutest couple, most athletic, smartest, biggest nerd (nerd can be a compliment, by the way), most likely to succeed, Miss congeniality, etc.
10. Tell us about a time your were publicly embarrassed
11. Give your opinion on something you love that may be controversial
12. Tell us what really "grinds your gears"
13. Play MASH
14. Interview your spouse or parent about your blog to find out how they really feel
15. Five things you can't live without
16. Write a post dedicated to your blogging BFF
17. Things you miss from childhood
18. Things you are scared of
19. Why you deserve free stuff
20. Top 10 Guilty Pleasures
21. Write a letter to your 80 year old self
22. Tell a funny story from your childhood
23. Make fun of this site
24. List the ways you have had success gaining new fans in the blog world
25. List things that did not work to gain new followers in the blog world
What would you add to my list?