- Write a post about anything listed here
- Grab a button. (It's glittery, would you have expected anything less?)
- Link up EVERY FRIDAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
- Follow me so we can be friends
- Meet new friends who also like sports and being a fan
- Hop, hop, hop.... hop around.
27 February 2015
26 February 2015
25 February 2015
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I bring you some new friends, some weekend plan ideas and free money to spend at Target. All I'm missing is some Starbs and a classic blanket scarf and you would need to start calling me Basic Santa! #JK #LOL #LYLAS
::: Start Here ::: The 30 Things I Learned Before My 30th Birthday // Marry Him: The Case for Settling For Mr. Good Enough Review
::: Get Social ::: Twitter // Facebook // Instagram
/// 5 Things Brittany Would Do On A Weekend With No Plans ///
1. Binge watch some TV! There's plenty of Netflix and Hulu to keep me entertained.
2. Read a new book.
3. Workout! Best days for long runs are weekend mornings.
4. Brunch, because brunch plans are the best plans.
5. Clean...but this should really be your last resort.
::: Start Here ::: RB Microadventures: Gruene, Texas // 5 Cameras Worth Considering for Traveling
::: Get Social ::: Twitter // Bloglovin // Instagram (everyday sharing) // Instagram (photo projects / series)
/// 5 Things Christina Would Do On A Weekend With No Plans ///
1. Sleep in
2. Play tourist in my hometown
3. Hog a table at a local deli for a few hours (for the free wifi)
4. Read a novel or two
5. Window shop somewhere I can't afford to otherwise shop
Hel on Heels
::: Start Here ::: 10 Things I Have Actually Said While Living Alone // Namaste: Hot Yoga For Newbies
::: Get Social ::: Bloglovin // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook
/// 5 Things Helen Would Do On A Weekend With No Plans ///
1. Go exploring! Pack up the car and take a little spontaneous road trip. I live in the south, there is plenty of crazy to go see.
2. Get mango frozen yogurt, or as I affectionately call it ""fro yo,"" with extra cheesecake bites and sprinkles to balance out my fruit and granola.
3. Sign up for a fun new fitness class. The stranger the better. Hot yoga, alright? Aerial fitness, why not?
4. Go to happy hour. Or mimosa brunch. Or both! Definitely both!
5. If I'm too tired after the work week to do any of that, a little Netflix binge is never out of the question. I'm almost done with Gilmore Girls, so suggestions are welcome!
Brittany // Magen
Christina // Angie
Helen // Amy
Lindsay // Kippy
Jamie // Sarah
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post not written by Venus Trapped in Mars
Exercise Techniques to Slim Down the Muffin Top
We’ve all faced the harsh reality of a muffin top once our early 20s have left us. If you’re unaware, a muffin top is the excess fat that hangs over the waist of your pants. It can be a hard one to get rid of, but where there’s a will, there’s a way. There are a few exercises below that will help you shave that flab down and – with a little commitment and discipline – you’ll say goodbye to your muffin top for good.
In addition to general exercise, it’s always helpful to use a specialised health professional or even a health retreat like Chi of Life to help guide you in the right direction.
You have probably seen this fad in the last few years where people ‘planked’ in dangerous environments, like on top of buildings. This is actually an amazing exercise for weight loss, with a slight variation. By strengthening the muscles involved in this position, you’re developing your core and slimming that waistline.
To achieve this position, get into that of a push up. Bend your elbows, resting your weight on your forearms. You want your body to form a straight line. Now contract your ab muscles and hold this position for 30 seconds. Over time you can eventually work up to holding it for a few minutes.
This one is not only great for your stomach and obliques, but it’s great for any back pain that’s posture related too. You want to lie on your back with your feet a few inches off the ground and your hands by your sides. Make sure there is no arch in your back. Keep your legs straight and make sure both feet remain off the ground and kick with one leg at a time. Do this for 10-15 repetitions.
Old, Faithful Walking
Don’t dismiss walking for weight loss. And, furthermore, don’t think you need to spend hours on the treadmill each day. You can train your body to use fat as fuel. You may have heard this term before as ‘fat-burning.’ Start by walking at a standard pace as a warm-up. Slowly start to increase your pace every 30-40 seconds until you’re just about ready to break into a jog. Ease off the pace slightly and continue for 20 minutes. Try doing this three times a week.
A Little Side-to-Side
This seems like a simple enough exercise… and it is! The way to achieve this one is to stand with your feet apart and arms at your sides. Using one arm, reach down towards your toes and lift the other arm towards your waist with your hand on your hip. Alternate sides and repeat this 100 times. This is a great one for those love handles too.
So now you have some guidance, it’s time to put these exercises into action and start getting rid of that muffin top! Have you found any particular exercise to be great for weight loss around the stomach area? Share your tips in the comments.